Monday, January 11, 2010

Jay’s Down on the Hay, And Bringing Conan Down with Him

“I can confirm, starting Feb. 12, The Jay Leno Show will no longer air at 10 p.m.”

And with those words, Jeff Gaspin, the chairman of NBC, confrmed over the weekend what everyone knew and expected.

Gaspin said that, “While [The Jay Leno Show] was performing at acceptable levels for the network, it did not meet our affiliates’ needs, and we realized we had to make a change. My goal right now is to keep Jay, Conan [O'Brien], and Jimmy [Fallon] as part of our late-night lineup.

“I have spoken to all of them and proposed that Leno move to 11:35, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien to 12:05 [which probably means it should be renamed The This Morning Show], and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon would then start at 1:05.

“As much as I’d like to tell you we have a done deal, that’s not true,” Gaspin added. “The talks are ongoing. [But] I hope and expect, before the Olympics begin, we will have everything set. I can’t imagine we won’t.”

You screwed the pooch, NBC, and worst of all, you’re screwing Conan O’Brien in the process, which is not cool at all.

Photo: LittleDistractions.wordpress.com.

No comments: