Friday, January 08, 2010

A Princely Portrait

Prince William and Prince Harry have struck a pose.

The British royals’
first official double portrait was unveiled this week in London, showing them in all dashing and whatnot in their army uniforms from when they were fellow officers in the Household Cavalry.

“[This is] a behind-the-scenes glance at the human element of royal responsibility and to emphasize their brotherly relationship,” said artist Nicky Philipps.

Sandy Nairne, director of the National Portrait Gallery, London, which commissioned the piece, added that the portrait captured the two princes “formally dressed, but informally posed.”

It’s funny, I know, but having grown up with these two, reading about them in my mom’s magazines, I find them compelling. They’re like these two constants, so it excites me to see where they are in their lives in a most genuine way.

Having said that…I want a portrait, too!

Photo: People.com.

No comments: