Sunday, December 01, 2013

Bello Out

Prisoners star Maria Bello is a lesbian in love with a woman.

After much introspection, the actress came out as a woman who has been in a longterm relationship with another woman a couple of days ago, via a piece she wrote for The New York Times, a revelation that she said was prompted by a need to be forthright with her 12-year-old son from a previous relationship (with a man).

“This was the moment I had been anticipating and dreading for months,” Bello wrote in a column titled Coming Out As a Modern Family.

“I took a deep breath, knowing that my answer, and his response, would have an impact on our lives for a very long time. I was with someone romantically [a woman whom the actress described as a best friend] and I hadn’t told him.

But then she did tell him, and he and the rest of her family, it sounds like, was quite welcoming and happy about the news.

Good for you, girl.

Photo: Zimbio.com.

No comments: