Friday, January 09, 2009

Hopping Onto SVU Again

I love this piece of news, especially because I may get to meet her next month: Stephanie March is headed back to TV’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

March will reprise her role as prosecutor Alexandra Cabot for a six-episode arc starting on Feb. 17. The actress starred on the show for four seasons, until 2003, when Cabot went into a witness protection program. She has compared the show “an old flame.”

“Every time I run into it I think, ‘Hmmm, what if?’” she told the AP. “I look forward to spending some time working with a production that has always been so rewarding for me.”

So why come back to the courtroom now? Executive producer Neal Baer explained that the character needed time to get over her traumatic experience of seasons past before she could return to the fold. Current prosecutor Kim Greylek (Michaela McManus) will step away on assignment in Washington, D.C., during March’s return.

I heart Alexandra Cabot, so yippee! Here’s to hoping I get to toast March.

Photo: Flickr.com.

No comments: