Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Opening Up

Ricky Martin’s autobiography, Me, is coming out today, so the multi-hyphenate is going on Oprah to promote it.

Martin will be on the show later this afternoon, where he will open up about his decision to come out of the closet and how he’s liking being a dad to two adorable twin boys.

“I couldn’t take it anymore, Oprah,” he
reportedly told his hostess with the mostest at the taping of the show. “I couldn’t take it anymore. It was too painful. But I guess the most important thing is my children.

“When I was holding them in my arms, I was like, what am I gonna teach them – how to lie? Whoa, that is my blessing right there. And I said hold on a second.

“Before I decided to become a father, I [had] already accepted who I was and I was happy with who I was. Then, when I was I was holding my children, I said, OK, it’s time to tell the world.”

And so Martin did, by simply
tweeting last spring that he is “proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man.”

Photo: FashionFame.com.

No comments: