Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Generation’s Wedding

OMG, I can’t contain myself I’m so excited: Prince William has finally popped the question to his longtime girlfriend, Kate Middleton, and the couple is at last
engaged to be married!

And why am I so chuffed by the news? It’s not like I’m an English subject or, say, a hardcore Anglophile, right? Well, because the wedding’s going to be an event – one for an entire generation to say, “Yeah, I watched that on TV.” Here are a few reasons why to be happy about this, no matter how silly it may be.

My parents had Charles and Diana’s wedding, and now I get Wills and Kate’s.

We’ve all seen this kid grow up before our eyes, shared in the pain of the loss of his beloved mother, and rooted for his every move.

And he’s a prince.

And it’s about darn time he put a ring on it (one of Lady Di’s no less, and a pretty stunning one at that).

Of course we’re excited, and by that I mean I’m excited. Although here’s some non-mine coverage about the whole thing.

The next few of months of
planning are going to be a blast to witness, and you know The Wedding is going to be a sight to see.

Congrats to the happy couple, and to England, and to William’s younger brother
Prince Harry, who’s now officially the Most Eligible Bachelor in Great Britain!

Photo: TheDailyBeast.com.

Update: A wedding date has been set!

Wills and Kate will be married at Westminster Abbey on April 29.

No comments: