Wednesday, December 26, 2007

MJB’s Here to Make Peace

For Christmas I gave Mary J. Blige’s latest, Growing Pains, to someone I knew wanted it, and we gave it a listen together (twice…in a row).

A day later, 1) I now want my own copy (and one of her Grammy-winning The Breakthrough, too – but for another reason altogether), and 2) I now have a new favorite song.

The last track of the album’s called “Come to Me (Peace)” – and I think it’s just tremendous.

The lyrics are reconciliatory and uplifting. It’s the kind of song you should sing to yourself and to others with whom you want make peace, natch, be it an ex, a stranger, or the world.

Click here to watch Blige’s live performance from the CNN Heroes special earlier this month.

She’s the bestest. MJB’s da MVP for a reason.

Photo: BN.com.

No comments: