Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Simply Irresistible, Pt. 15

An all-star cast headlines Evening (due out June 29), a drama exploring the romantic past and emotional present of Ann Grant (Vanessa Redgrave) and her daughters, Constance (Natasha Richardson) and Nina (Toni Collette).

As Ann lies in bed dying, she conveys to her daughters the defining moments in her life 50 years before, when she was a young woman.

Redgrave, Richardson, and Collette are but three of the many fantastic actresses who are sure to be resplendent in Evening, but I’d like to talk about the two men who will join them and Meryl Streep,
Mamie Gummer, Claire Danes, Glenn Close, and Eileen Atkins on screen.

I’m taking about Patrick Wilson (Little Children) – oh, Patrick Wilson, how I love you! – and
Hugh Dancy (HBO’s Elizabeth I).

I saw the
trailer for the film last week when I saw Georgia Rule, and I immediately was enthralled.

I’m quite fond of big ensemble cast films, but when those films co-star two men, who could not be dreamier and more talented, well…let’s just say they make me all the more curious. Chick flick, schmick flick – I am sooo watching and enjoying Evening.

Photo: Focus Features.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Hugh Dancy on Broadway in Journey's End and he was terrific. I am sorry he wasn't nominated for a Tony today- he was that good!