Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Power of Good-Bye

I am not one to cry during TV shows.

Alright, I kind of have been known, from time to time, to tear up, a little bit, privately, like during the last 15 minutes of
part 2 of the three-hour Meredith-can’t-die-can-she? February sweeps saga Shonda Rhimes wrote for Grey’s Anatomy.

Fine – I completely gave in to the waterworks when Buffy killed Angel at the end of Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s second season finale…and when Andy died on Charmed…and when Ross said Rachel’s name and not Emily’s on Friends…and when Sex and the City ended.

Jeez. I suppose I am a big cry baby…when it comes to my stories.

Anyway, guess what I did last night as I watched the – here I go – series finale of Gilmore Girls.

Yep, I cried. A lot. And how could I not? Rory (Alexis Bledel) left Stars Hollow, which came out in full force to send her off, to go on the campaign trail with Barack Obama, and Luke (Scott Patterson) – dreamy, kind-hearted Luke – and Lorelai finally kissed (again).

It’s not a new day for the girls; it’s a new world.

Melancholy definitely was in the air, and the Gilmore Girls finale was as befitting of the show as it could be. Now, Emmy voters better be planning to pay Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai with phenomenal aplomb for seven years, the respect she deserves and give her the award, already.

Photo: GilmoreGirlsNews.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silly rabbit.