Friday, February 23, 2007

Where Have All the Models Gone?

Look – I love me some Jennifer Hudson and I love that she’s gracing the cover of – gasp? – Vogue (check her out at right). I think it’s about time the It Girl of the season was not some stick figure with no soul.

And although I sometimes vacillate on Beyoncé I still think she’s H-O-T…but not let’s-put-her-on-the-cover-of-the-Sports Illustrated-swimsuit-issue-H-O-T. Up until this year, that particular honor had been reserved for models like Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, and Rebecca Romijn – not pop stars.

So what gives?

I miss seeing models on the cover of magazines. These days, you’re lucky if you see one in ads (one that isn’t Kate Moss, that is).

I know the days of the supermodels (Cindy, Claudia, Christy, Naomi, and Helena, too) are long gone, but what ever happened to the über-models? Why aren’t Gisele, Carmen, Liya, Natalia, and Jacquetta constantly on the cover of the fashion mags instead of Hollywood actresses?


They’re still here, darn it.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: