Friday, February 09, 2007

R.I.P. Anna, Anna, Anna Nicole

Anna Nicole Smith, the former Guess? model, Playboy Playmate of the Year, actress, embattled widow, reality TV star, and spokeswoman, passed away yesterday at age 39.

I didn’t write anything about this truly tragic news because, well…I couldn’t really think of anything nice and sincere to say about the situation. That is not to say I’m here to bag on Smith today because I’m not.

She led the life that she led and I admire her ambition – I always did, actually. She didn’t make any excuses – nor should she have had to – and now she’s gone and the media are having field day gathering speculating theory after speculating theory and turning this sad, sad and shocking loss into a tabloid feeding frenzy.

Smith hit us with her best shot time and time again; whether they were misfires is strictly up to you.

I hope she now can find the peace she appeared to be looking for in recent months, and that we can recognize and respect the fact that she was more than a punch line. She was so outrageous – and we loved it.

Photo: People.com.

No comments: