Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tubealicious Treats

According to some reports, so far the new fall TV season hasn’t yielded an out-of-the-gate hit, à la Desperate Housewives or Lost.

The consensus seems to be that perhaps success is going to take a little time – hey...it worked for The Office – which is good news when you consider that in years past for networks were all-too happy to pull the plug on shows at the first sign of sluggish ratings (Threshold, I miss you so) or if they weren’t confident on their future performance (you, too, Invasion).

As I mentioned in my fall preview, there are a lot of good news worth checking out. Now that we are well into the season, I have to say I am hooked on Heroes (after just one airing), enjoy Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip’s smart writing a lot, cannot wait to see more of the Ray Liotta-Virgina Madsen dynamic on Smith, and hope that Jericho attracts more viewers in the coming weeks because I’m so intrigued (last night’s final scene was thrilling!).


Sometimes tube treats are best enjoyed after several samplings – don’t get my stories cancelled!

Photo: CBS.com (Jericho).

No comments: