Friday, September 08, 2006

Just Keep Hosting, Just Keep Hosting

It was announced yesterday that Ellen DeGeneres will host the 2007 Academy Awards ceremony, her first time ever emceeing that telecast (she has hosted the Emmys and the Grammys before).

"When [telecast producer] Laura Ziskin called, I was thrilled," DeGeneres said in a statement. "There's two things I've always wanted to do in my life. One is to host the Oscars. The second is to get a call from Laura Ziskin. You can imagine that day's diary entry."

Isn’t she funny.

The 79th Annual Academy Awards will air live on ABC on Sunday, Feb. 25, from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland.

This will be the erstwhile Dory (of Finding Nemo) at the Oscars.

P.S.: I don’t have anything against Ellen (in fact, she’s a regular on my TiVo), so don’t think that I didn’t put a picture of her for a reason. I just really liked her turn as Dory (she should’ve won an award for it).

Photo: Buena Vista Pictures Distribution.

No comments: