Tuesday, March 09, 2010

And Out He Comes

Sean Hayes is gay.

Among the reactions to the news I’ve heard are “Finally!” and “Uh duh.”

The Emmy-winning Will & Grace scene-stealer – who’s about to start his run in a Broadway revival of Promises, Promises – has just confirmed what we all knew to be quite the possibility, though: That there was a rather good reason why his Jack McFarland was so believable.

“I am who I am,” the actor
told the latest Advocate, after years of (rightly) refusing to be labeled. “I was never in, as they say. Never.”

In the interview Hayes goes on to criticize the media, including gay outlets like The Advocate.

“I feel like I’ve contributed monumentally to the success of the gay movement in America, and if anyone wants to argue that, I’m open to it,” he said. “What more do you want me to do? Do you want me to stand on a float? And then what? It’s never enough.”

Well, all I can say is good for you, Sean Hayes. And break a leg on Broadway!

Photo: EW.com.

1 comment:

John said...

Not a big shocker there, but he's right. They pressure people to come out (next up: refocusing on Kevin and Anderson!) - and for what? For no rights? Just for show?

Pathetic.