Tuesday, December 26, 2006

No Assembly Required

I’ll admit that when I heard Michael (Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor) Bay was going to bring the Transformers to the big screen I was…skeptical (I’m being nice).

Not because I didn't think he could step up to the plate, action-wise, but because I couldn't help but wonder what kind of story Hollywood would conceive to pull this off. After all, the Transformers are nothing short of an institution.

Having seen the new trailer for Transformers, though, all I have to say is I’m ready…to be…transformed (I’m being silly).

In the movie, Earth is caught in the middle of an intergalactic war between two races of robots, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, which are able to change into a variety of objects, including cars, trucks, planes, and other technological creations.

So, on July 4, at the theater nearest me, I will be ready…to see this go down (I’m humming the theme song already!).

Photo: Paramount Pictures.

No comments: