Monday, April 14, 2014

Crazy About the Girl

OMG – what...a stroke...of genius to use Charles Aznavour’s She as the musical backdrop for the first trailer for the hotly anticipated Gone Girl, yo.

I mean...what else, right?!

The adaptation of the Gillian Flynn is-she-dead?, did-he-kill-her? hit novel – which stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike – has massive promise built unto itself – and anyone who has read the book can tell you we would not have it any other way.

Especially because, evidently, the author, who also wrote the screenplay for director David Fincher, has tossed her third act in favor of a brand new denouement.

For which I cannot wait. (As if I wasnt already sufficiently excited, I had to go an watch the trailer. Oy.)

Hey, Oct. 3 – get here now, and I will do thing to ya.

Photo: 20th Century Fox.

No comments: