Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is Jennifer Lopez Positioning?

I know it’s a reach but I think Jennifer Lopez has her eye on TV.

Or she should.

For years she’s taken on a guest-starring stint here, another over there, like on Will & Grace. Most recently, she guest-hosted Lopez Tonight, rather succesfully, and she may appear on Glee later this season.

Now she has lined up an appearance on How I Met Your Mother, where she will play a no-nonsense self-help author who teaches women how to turn men into relationship machines.

Mmm...perhaps Lopez has come to realize that her movie career has fizzled in the last few years (let’s wait and see how The Back-up Plan does, though), and that she can only sing about high-priced shoes for so long.

I think given the right material, probably on cable, Lopez could make our TV melt.

Now, if only I had a penny for this thought.

Photo: InStyle.com.

Update: Interesting: The release date for The Back-up Plan just got pushed, from April 16 to April 23.

It’s not a big change, but I cannot help but wonder: Strategic move, or trouble of some sort?

No comments: