Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kate the Great’s Hot Double SAGs

A lady never likes the sags, and Kate Winslet is no exception.

But when said SAGs stands for Screen Actors Guild Awards, well then…it’s a different matter.

“These nominations mean more to me than I can possibly explain,” said Winslet in a statement this morning, upon hearing of her SAG Awards nods for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role (in Revolutionary Road) and Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role (in The Reader).

“To have had the opportunity to play April Wheeler and Hanna Schmitz was an unbelievable gift. I am profoundly grateful to have been recognized by my peers in this way.”

Having seen The Reader only last night – the review’s a-comin’ next week – I can say that Winslet is most deserving, and that she’s become my favorite to win an Oscar next year. At last, btw.

To find out who else was nominated for SAG Awards today – Pitt! Jolie! Streep! Ledger! Cruz! the casts of 30 Rock, The Office, and The Closer! – click here. The awards will be presented on Jan 25.

Photo: Telegraph.co.uk.

No comments: