Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flattery Will Get Them Everywhere

In its April issue (on stands now, I’m quite sure), Glamour magazine is celebrating the “You can do anything!” motto of seven decades worth of female risk-takers, rule-breakers, and style-makers – all of whom are beautifully embodied by some decidedly modern young talents.

Included in the iconic spread are up-and-comers Paula Patton as Billie Holiday, Emma Roberts as Audrey Hepburn, and Emma Stone as Carrie Bradshaw.

Glamour also asked the more established Alexis Bledel to dress up and portray Rosie the Riveter, America Ferrera to channel Dolores Huerta, Hayden Panettiere to step into Amelia Earhart’s leather boots, and Lindsay Lohan (pictured at right) to take on her idol Madonna during her infamous “Like a Virgin” MTV Video Music Awards performance.

“When I was little,” La Lohan said, “every day after school I would come home and put in her Immaculate Collection disc and karaoke to it around the house.”

Surely, she added: “And now I follow Madonna around to parties (that is, when I’m not following Samantha Ronson to DJ gigs, and not working myself).”

Photo: Glamour.com.

Update:
Speaking of Linds, she has taken to People.com to promote her upcoming spray tan line.

Uh, honey...you’re an actress. Act like one, and then branch out. You know, like Gwyneth Paltrow is doing.

Lohan’s enterprising spirit would be less laughable if she had it together – and I say this with love (because I know, I know...when was the last time I had a successful line of leggings, right?).

No comments: