Friday, February 01, 2013

Memory of a Crime

Dont you just hate it when you steal a priceless work of art – and then you get your head knocked out and you can’t remember where it is?

Or when the goon that you got in cahoots with really starts to lose his temper and threatens your existence?

That’s what James McAvoy’s poor little good-guy auctioneer gone naughty goes through in Trance, the next film from Danny Boyle that’s opening in limited release on April 5.

So what’s a dude to do to get himself out of the jam?

Find a hypnotherapist, of course, and if she’s a hottie like Rosario Dawson, keep her from becoming a target herself. (Unless, of course, she’s also in on it on working ya som’in’ fierce.)

The plot of the film reminded me of Inception, in a way, especially when I heard bad-guy Vincent Cassell tell McAvoy in the trailer that “she put that there” and that “its not real.” I presume he is talking about a memory.

Anyway, for a second there I even forgot I wanted to type what I just did because the Trance looks like total Boyle goodness, especially the cleverly executed nudity.

This one’s gonna a sexy one, people.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: