Saturday, February 09, 2013

Here Come...the Craigs, Broadway

I will go to New York for this – you can bet on it.

Yeah, yeah, I know I often say I think there’s a quick Big Apple run in my horizon every time someone I like goes to Broadway (sometimes I have – just ask Lauren Graham...or not), but this time I mean it som’in’ fiercely serious: Daniel Craig is looking to light up the Great White Way again.

Only this time he isn’t planning on doing it with Hugh Jackman, with whom he starred in A Steady Rain back in 2009, but with his real-life wife, Rachel Weisz, who would be making her New York stage debut.

Urgh, fine...I won’t get jealous.

The couple is circling the staging of Harold Pinter’s Betrayal, which would see them playing a married couple crumbling in reverse chronology due to her affair with one of his friends.

Sounds like a challenging thing to pull off at the theater, so I guess it’s a good thing that 10-time Tony nominee Mike Nicholls is in talks to direct the play.

A West End production of Betrayal with Kristin Scott Thomas and Douglas Henshall is being mounted in May, while the Great White Way staging is set for the fall.

Photo: Zimbio.com.

No comments: