Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Simply Irresistible, Pt. 30

He has been called the “Brazilian Tom Cruise,” but last night, Rodrigo Santoro was just a guy who’s an actor, taking a moment to talk to a guy who’s a fan.

Santoro, Jim Carrey, and Ewan McGregor are in Miami shooting I Love You Phillip Morris, a black comedy from the writers of Bad Santa.

The trio hit the Martini Tuesday party at Halo, which is the last place I would’ve anticipated to find them. The sighting made me think of the setup of a joke, you know – a Brazilian, a Canadian, and a Scot walk into a bar….

Anyway, perhaps they were doing research (the movie’s plot revolves around Carrey’s character falling in love with McGregor’s while in prison).

The point is I very much wanted to approach McGregor, and tell him he looked oh-so-handsome and was robbed of a nomination (at least) for Moulin Rouge!, but I ended chatting up Santoro instead.

Of all things, we talked about Lost.

I told him I thought he was underserved by the show, that it would’ve been cool if the writers had gotten the end date they wanted sooner so they could’ve mapped out his introduction, development, and contribution to the show better.

He seemed pleased by my comment but stopped short of agreeing with me, natch, and told me he’s still a fan and he’s always up for going back to the island, “if they need me for a flashback.”

By the end of our short talk, I was like, “Ewan who?”

Bite my tongue. I kid, I kid.


Photo: TimeInc.net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would've made out with him. How you like that research!

Anonymous said...

That's hot!