Monday, September 26, 2011

Well, Hello, Sean Maher!

I did not know Firefly and Serenity alumnus Sean Maher had a role on TV
’s The Playboy Club, otherwise I might’ve watched the show’s pilot last week.

Evidently, the actor plays a closeted man in the period piece, and he saw the gig as the perfect opportunity to knock down the closet’s door and come out as a gay man today.

“I was nervous [about talking about his sexuality to Entertainment Weekly, which got the exclusive revelation],” he said. “But it’s so liberating. It was interesting to have a conversation that I was always afraid to have."

Maher, who’s been in a relationship with another man for almost a decade, with whom he has to children, thought that it was time to conquer his fear and live out loud and in the open.

“This [time, this role on The Playboy Club] is my coming out ball. I’ve been dying to do this.

Glad you did, cutie (and nice guns, btw).

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: