Friday, April 17, 2009

Sofia Rises Again

She didn’t go anywhere, but she’s back.

Lost in Translation Academy Award-winning writer and director, and all-around über-It Girl Sofia Coppola will team up with Stephen Dorff (who will be seen in this summer’s Public Enemies) and Elle Fanning to go Somewhere.

The film, which will begin production in Los Angeles in the next few months, is the story of Johnny Marco (Dorff), a bad-boy Hollywood actor stumbling through a life of excess at the Chateau Marmont.

With an unexpected visit from his 11-year-old daughter (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’s Fanning), Johnny is forced to take a look at himself, as well as at the questions we all must confront.

“I’ve wanted to film an intimate story set in contemporary L.A.,” said Coppola, “and I’m looking forward to working with Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning.”

I’m looking forward to liking Somewhere as much as I did Marie Antoinette (which, I admit, took me longer than necessary), and Lost in Translation.

Photo: EW.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dorff got LUCKY!