Thursday, April 16, 2009

Do You Mean Winona, Gwyn?

I’m about to do something uncharacteristic of this blog: I’m going to start a rumor.

Ish.

In her GOOP newsletter today, Gwyneth Paltrow says that, “Back in the day, I had a ‘frenemy’ who, as it turned out, was pretty hellbent on taking me down.

“This person really did what they could to hurt me.

“I was deeply upset…angry…all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous.

“I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road.

“But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness.

“There went the high road.

“Why does it feel so good to hear something bad about someone you don’t like? Or someone you do like? Or someone you don’t know?”

Paltrow then shares with her readers the thoughts on some of the “sages” she consulted on this topic.

Her introduction left me scratching my head? Could Paltrow be referring to former BFF Winona Ryder, with whom she supposedly had a bad falling out over the script of Shakespeare in Love? (Because we know it ain’t Madonna!)

And did I just become guilty of exactly the thing Paltrow wrote about this week?

Can she spank me? I’d like that.


Photo: MillionLooks.com.

No comments: