Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Touch of Pink

Madonna may have an army, but Pink is the one who currently is calling the shots, in my humble opinion.

Humble – tee hee.


Just to clarify, though, I know this soon will change, for you should never, ever count the Queen of Pop out: Confessions on a Dance Floor still is in constant rotation in my CD player, and sections of the tour mounted to support it are a daily DVD must watch. Plus, she's working on new album, so it's only a matter of time until she reinvents herself once more. And I love it.

But I want to tell you about Pink today, whom I’m glad to see is very much Not Dead.

Really, who would’ve guessed that the badass singer would enjoy, of all things, radio play more than year after the release of her last album?

Stupid Girls” was a fun, cheeky single, but it went away fairly quickly. Her impassionate “Dear Mr. President” received great buzz, but I have yet to hear it, and her “Who Knew” only registered when I saw the previews for the new ABC show October Road.

So I think it is beyond swell that her catty and fun – and, yes, empowered – “U + Ur Hand” is burning radio up these days. Here’s a song that gays and girls and can support fully; sorry guys.

Pink’s so not here for our entertainment…yet I’m still having a lot of fun with her.

Photo: BN.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who knew is on a compilation CD that a fan recently gave you... Who knew?