Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This Summer’s Leading Man is…Nacho Libre!

So I went to see Mission: Impossible III last night.

I liked it very much – J.J. Abrams (TV's Alias, Lost) has done a terrific job at balancing the respective cerebral and visual elements of the first Impossible movies and complementing them with a much-needed jolt of character development that should help ensure another Mission for Tom Cruise’s Ethan Hunt.

That, and M:i:III is, for those familiar with Abrams’ oeuvre, the closest thing to an Alias movie that we will – and should – ever come close to getting…but more on that Friday.

Before the movie started, though, I got to watch the trailer for the upcoming Jack Black release Nacho Libre, which up to that moment I had pretty much paid zilch attention to.

I can now honestly say that I cannot wait for Nacho Libre, in which Black stars as Ignacio (his friends call him Nacho), a Mexican priest who moonlights as a lucha libre wrestler to raise money for his orphanage, to open on June 16.

So funny!

I mean, just take a look at the poster. Now take a look at the trailer
. Now tell me that Nacho Libre is not the leading man of summer.

You can’t, can ya?

Didn’t think so.


Photo: Paramount Pictures.

No comments: