Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Brittany Murphy Purrs in Song – And I Likey!

Looking back on the first time I heard that actress Brittany Murphy (at right, with a “Don’t say I can’t or I’ll cut you!” look) wanted to pursue a singing career, I probably thought to myself, “Oh, great: another pretentious starlet wanting to bite on more than she can chew.”

Figuratively speaking, of course, as we have seen Murphy shrink from frumpy Tai in Clueless to scary-skinny leading lady in Uptown Girls and Little Black Book by way of edgier – and better – fare like 8 Mile and Sin City.

I think the news came way back in the early 2000s, at a time when Murphy was doing her very best at coming off as annoying, hanging from Ashton Kutcher’s neck
, appearing in forgettable movies but making the most of them (“I’ll never tell…”), and running her mouth on how much she wanted to play Janis Joplin in one of the long-gestating biopic projects on the legendary “Piece of My Heart” singer.

Well, now comes the (surprisingly welcome) news that Murphy’s singing aspirations have materialized, as she is featured in “Faster Kill Pussycat,” one of the tracks on DJ Paul Oakenfold’s latest release, A Lively Mind (in stores June 6).

Check out the hot track here
. All I can say is Faster Sing Brittany!

Photo: Dimension Films (Sin City).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the track!
thanx for the scoop bitch!
XOXOXOXXXXOOXOXOX!