Friday, March 23, 2007

Have You Done the "Jane Fonda"?

I’m really feeling "Lost Without U" these days, so when I got word that Robin Thicke was going to perform at the Sagamore Hotel last night, I made it my mission to get it together and make it out there to catch his show.

I have say to all the people who are calling Thicke Justin Timberlake 2.0, that they need to stop it, like, now. Thicke is the real thing – sexy and soulful and one heck of a showman.

I was not disappointed, and I can only wish I had had a richer experience last night, which, I’m sorry to say, was the second time I had the chance to see this It Guy perform. The first time was last New Year’s Eve at the Delano Hotel…but I was too busy keeping my eyes open for Lindsay Lohan to notice that next big thing in music already was
happening in front of me.

Anyway, the point also is that before Thicke came on,
Mickey Avalon hit the stage to sing his funky and raunchy story-like songs.

I’d never heard of Avalon before, but now I’m convinced that he is "
so rich, so pretty, the best piece of a-- in this whole damn city" – but, you know, in a completely artistic kind of way (so not my type).

By the end of his set,
Avalon had me doing the "Jane Fonda". I didn’t know, but he showed me how.

Photo: BN.com (Mickey Avalon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so gross he's hot