Friday, June 02, 2006

The Emmys Are Coming!

TV Guide published its
Dream Emmy Ballot last week – yes, it’s that time of the year again.

I was thrilled that they remembered to single out Arrested Development and The Comeback’s Lisa Kudrow; gave a nod to The Office’s John Krasinski and two 24 supporting players; and continued to show their support for Gilmore Girls’ Lauren Graham and Veronica Mars’ Kristen Bell.

Yet, I cannot help but add my two cents.

Why was there no mention of Invasion? Sure, the show’s been cancelled, and considering this it should probably be recognized in the writing category at the Emmys, of which TV Guide made no prediction.

After all, Invasion boasted some of the most intriguing, albeit frustratingly slow-paced at times, storytelling I have seen on TV in recent years, though, and I am going to miss it so. A nice shout-out would've been very cool.

And where were HBO’s Extras and Rome?

I love TV Guide, and I live for columnist Michael Ausiello (not to play favorites, Kristin Veitch over on E! Online is also a weekly must read).

I love that they singled out quality television (Grey’s Anatomy, Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Weeds, Entourage, Lost, The Closer). And I love that they fairly gave nods (or not) to the show(s) that will unsurprisingly score by the boatload when actual nominations are announced July 6 (Desperate Housewives, I’m looking at you!).

But couldn't they have at least mentioned some of the other deserving shows of the past season?

Photo: UPN (Veronica Mars).

No comments: