Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Field Closes...

It’s the end of a New York era.

Patricia Field – the Emmy-winning, Oscar-nominated costume designer and stylist – is shuttering her eponymous New York City boutique, in order to, you know, have a life.

“I’ve enjoyed the game,” she said after giving store ownership 50 years of her 74, but I’m getting tired. I want to open my social life back up, and go to the gym for a swim every day. Do normal things.

Field remains open to work, however. It just has to take a different shape and less of her time and energy. That is why she is open to the occasional pop-up, to participating in a new movie production, and to begin exploring whether she has a book in her.

“I don’t want to retire and just sit there,” she has admitted. And she does not have to.

Whatever works, right, Pat! :)

Photo: FashionWeekDaily.com.

No comments: