Tuesday, November 26, 2013

American Gangster

For a second there I thought I would always only think of Shiloh Fernandez as one of the guys in Red Riding Hood.

And as that actor who shares a name with one of the Brangelina kids.

But then I saw The East earlier this year, and was impressed with how different he looked and sounded and carried himself in that film – I did not recognize him at all – and with how like, magnetic I found him to be.

So I’m glad he’s headed to Skinemax Cinemax.

Fernandez has been cast as the lead of Blanco, a potential new drama about an uptown gangster (the show’s title doubles as his character’s nickname, given to him for being a light-skinned Dominican) who uses his status as confidential informant to flip and reverse his arrangement with the law to build his own criminal empire.

Clever dude.

Photo: Zimbio.com.

No comments: