Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back for More Bond

Sam Mendes was good for the James Bond franchise, and Skyfall, the hit entry he delivered last year, was good for Sam Mendes.

So dude’s sticking with the still-hot property for another goThis in spite of the widely disseminated notion that he would not be back at the helm of the follow-up.

“I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments [Mendes is mounting productions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Lear],” the Oscar-winning director said in a statement, “the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24.

“I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, [and 007 producers] Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time.

Also returning to make more Bond magic will be screenwriter John Logan, with the film set to open in America on my 33rd birthday, Nov. 6, 2015.

Photo: Sony Pictures.

No comments: