Tuesday, May 21, 2013

B’s a Big Girl Now

No, it’s not Beyoncé Week up in here, but here I go again with some news about Queen B.

Whaddya want – she’s making me nostalgic and keeping busy, which allows me not to speculate on whether she’s having another boo.

Yes, this one’s about her music.

There’s a new Beyoncé song making the rounds online. It’s called Grown Woman.” And I listen to it and I think: Brazil.

My South American neighbors have a FIFA World Cup coming up next summer, and an Olympiad in 2016. But first things first: I think this “Grown Woman” track should be considered as Bs official audition to sing the theme song of the soccer tournament. I am getting a major tropical-party vibe from it, and it would be a major goal, not to mention hella fun, to see Beyoncé experiment with all the musical flavors that can be found this side of America.

Brazil would be a perfect place to start, IMHO.

Photo: Starcasm.net.

Update 1: Since whatever was streaming on the link provided above was deemed a leak, herewith is an official version of the song, from a proper SoundCloud.



And I am singing. Hey – I’m a grown woman. I can do whatever I wawnt!

Update 2: Whoa. Guess Bs camp doesn’t we’re ready for that jelly.

No comments: