Monday, July 02, 2012

The Coop Confirmation

Just to be clear, Anderson Cooper is, just as we all suspected, a homosexual man – he just wanted to come out when he was good and ready or see it fit and valuable to do so, thankyouverymuch.

“The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud,” the Coop confirmed via email to fellow journalist Andrew Sullivan, while acknowledging he has long been out to his closest and dearest.

Cooper decided to come out, already, because he weighed the cost of maintaining a hold of his personal life, which was and is everyone’s prerogative, vis-à-vis ensuring people knew he wasn’t comfortable with who he is off camera.

“I have given some the mistaken impression that I am to hide something – something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed [,] or even afraid,” he saidThis is distressing because it is simply not true.

Well, good for you for crossing all the Ts and dotting the Is on the subject, you silver fox you.

Photo: NYDailyNews.com.

No comments: