Monday, October 17, 2011

Singing to Royalty

Coldplay
’s Mylo Xyloto is such a must, you guys.

The band’s new CD has this very understated buzz going on, I think. I mean, it’s obviously super-anticipated, but I’m not really hearing a lot of talk about it, which has me wondering if it’s just going to be embraced by the fans right away, while the rest of the world follows suit after a single truly breaks out.

Could that hit be Coldplay’s collaboration with Rihanna, the sounds-very-unColdplay-like Princess of China”?

Maybe.

Not that it really matters to frontman Chris Martin.

“[This is] a song that I’d secretly kind of written to see if Rihanna would want to sing it,” he said. “At this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we’ve been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music.”

Well, I’m liking what I’m hearing so far, so I’d say you’re doing pretty great. Imma gon’ update my Amazon.com Wish List now.

Photo: NME.com.

No comments: