Monday, August 01, 2011

The First Wife

Pawnee, Ind., is about to get a tad more delightful.

Well, that depends on who you ask.

Patricia Clarkson, one of my faves, is headed to the Parks and Recreation town to play Ron Swanson’s (Nick Offerman) first wife, Tammy 1, for two eps of the upcoming fourth season of the hitcom.

And just like Megan Mullaly’s Tammy 2, Clarkson’s Tammy is said to be her own kind of loca.

“Tammy 1 is her own specific brand of demon,” said executive producer Michael Schur on the heels of the casting announcement. “I think we came up with backstory for her that’s both funny and illuminating and also answers all of the questions that you would have when seeing people’s reaction to her presence in [last spring’s] finale,” which teased her arrival.

I cannot wait to see what Clarkson does with the character, although this much I can say: I think she is going to be outstanding.

Photo: DevinOlson.blogspot.com.

No comments: