Friday, September 24, 2010

A Good Thing

So Helen Mirren is starring in this movie called RED, playing a retired assassin (RED stands for “Retired and Extremely Dangerous,” btw.)

It’s a comedic actioner opening on Oct. 15, and Mirren says she based her character on a very familiar domestic doyenne.

“[Martha Stewart] was, indeed, my inspiration even down to the hair, my Martha Stewart hair,” the Oscar-winning actress revealed. “She’s obviously not a retired assassin, but whatever Martha Stewart does, she does it really, really well.”

You bet she does.

“She’s a perfectionist, and I love her combination of feminine softness and an incredible strength of efficiency and practicality. I hope she won’t be insulted by this characterization because I am a big, big fan of hers.”

RED just got more must-y....

Photo: Terry Hines & Associates.

1 comment:

Love Helen Mirren said...

HA! So funny that she used Martha Stewart as an inspiration, although I can see the resemblance in the look, not in the character per say ;) I can't wait to see this movie, its such a different role for Helen...love her! Thanks for sharing!