Monday, April 12, 2010

And the Coco Goes to…

Conan O’Brien will return to the boob tube next fall on…TBS.

The cabler surprised, well…everyone when it
announced today that it has scored O’Brien, who will headline an 11 p.m. show, to be followed by George Lopez’s Lopez Tonight, beginning in November.

TBS said O’Brien only began talking to execs there last week, and that Lopez even called O’Brien himself to welcome him on board.

“I can’t think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as a lead-in,” the Latino comedian said in a statement. Added O’Brien, “In three months I’ve gone from network TV to
Twitter to performing live in theaters and now I’m headed to basic cable.

“My plan is working perfectly.”

Yay, Conan! Clearly, you can’t keep a good bitch down.

Photo: EW.com.

Update: TBS has full confidence in Coco, so much so that the powers that be are saying, “He can do whatever he wants to do here.”

Fun!

1 comment:

Linds said...

"My plan is working perfectly" - hahahaha

Now to see if people will watch!