Thursday, October 08, 2009

Show Her the Money

People are worried that early Best Supporting Actress frontrunner Mo’Nique, the breakout performer in the upcoming festival darling Precious, is hurting her winning chances by asking for too much to promote the film and plain ol’ saying things she shouldn’t.

Tsk, tsk, girlfriend!

She
reportedly has been demanding six-figure appearance fees to show up at film festivals to promote Precious, and – gasp! – after failing to appear at both the Toronto and New York festivals, she was quoted as saying, “I couldn’t eat that Oscar. Everybody needs money, baby. That’s how we survive, right?”

It seems the actress is not too keen on playing the Hollywood game.

A few months ago she even
said as much: “Any buzz is appreciated. The NAACP Image Awards, the Oscars, the SAG Award, the award they might want to give me down at the Maxine Waters’ Preparatory school, it’s always appreciated.

“But the moment [director Lee] Daniels said to me when we wrapped that movie, ‘You gave me what I needed,’ that was my Oscar.”

I guess Mo’Nique wants her work to speak for itself.

Or, she really wants to be paid.

Photo: PopCrunch.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a douche nozzle.