Friday, September 25, 2009

Great Idea, Natalie Imbruglia!

Calling Chris Martin is something I wish Madonna would do, already, but you can’t always get you want because you get what you need, and I guess what the world needs now is more Natalie Imbruglia.

The Aussie songstress and the Coldplayer have collaborated on three tracks for her upcoming album, Come to Life, out on Oct. 12.

The work they produced is oh-so-good, and Martin reportedly regrets giving Imbruglia one of the tracks (“Fun”). He like, so wishes he’d kept it for a future Coldplay album.

“A bit annoyingly we’ve given her the best Coldplay song of all time,” Martin joked to an Australian newspaper last spring. “But because we’re off-cycle we can’t do it ourselves. Half of me wishes we still had it. But she sounds f---ing brilliant on it. I think she has a very unique talent and an incredibly unique voice.”

I’m listening the track as I type this...and I’m totally loving it. It definitely sounds quite Coldplay, but Imbruglia does sing it beautifully.

And I’m completely liking the album’s lead single, Want.” I can’t wait to hear more.

Photo: PopJustice.com.

No comments: