Monday, July 06, 2009

This Is What I Call a Snap and a Half

The funny just got redefined.

Queen D Kathy Griffin will serve as the Roast Master at Comedy Central’s Roast of Joan Rivers. The pairing is the first all-female Roast Master and Roastee in the franchise's history.

“It will be my distinct pleasure to honor a true comedy legend. The One and Only, The Great, Joan Rivers,” Griffin said. “I mean, not that Pam Anderson wasn’t a comedy legend or anything….

“Let’s just say it will be an evening of highs and lows.

“I will be roasting Joan with more gentleness and tenderness than her latest chemical peel, and, on the other hand, I will give her a verbal pap smear and God only knows what I’m going to find down there.”

The Roast of Joan Rivers will air on Aug. 9 – and I could set my TiVo now, you know I would.

Photo: TVGuide.com.

No comments: