Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jennifer Aniston Makes a Funny

Don’t say she’s a victim anymore: At Friday night’s Women in Film Awards, Jennifer Aniston volleyed back Chelsea Handler’s comments like only she could when the talk show host presented the actress with the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film.

“You have increased the visibility of women in film, and we thank you for that,” Handler said. “You’ve recently decreased the visibility of John Mayer, so we thank you for that.”

Anyone else would’ve had a cow, but Aniston kept the joke going when she accepted her award.

“I have a strange parallel with movies I was doing and my life off screen. First, it was The Good Girl...which evolved into Rumor Has It, followed by Derailed. Then there was The Break-Up, followed by the lighter side, Friends with Money. If anyone has a movie called Everlasting Love with an Adult Stable Man, that would be great! I’m at table 6, and my agents are at table 12.”

You see: funny. And that is exactly why I heart her.

Photo: UsMagazine.com.

No comments: