Friday, April 17, 2009

Mandy Moore’s Going Back in Time

With her new album, Amanda Leigh, coming out next month – the cute first single off which, “I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week,” I simply adore – Mandy Moore is getting all kinds of revealing, from a spread in Details magazine to a chat with EW.com.

In the latter, the singer, who describes her new album’s sound as “quintessential California ’70s pop,” says she wants people to give it the benefit of the doubt, and briefly considered releasing it under a different name.

“I [once] found myself in the company of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, who had really quality music, much more so than mine,” Moore said of her desire to break from bubblegum pop mold for which she first became known.

I’d say she’s doing one heckuva job at it.

Photo: Men.Style.com.

Update: Moore may not have wanted to do a video for “I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week,” but she did one, anyway – and let me tell you: Girlfriend looks mighty sexy in a trenchcoat. Click here for the proof.

No comments: