Tuesday, February 03, 2009

In Common

Gwyneth Paltrow and me…we’re not just humans and F.O.M.s – that’s Fans of Madonna – we also both heart Coldplay’s “Fix You” and “Swallowed in the Sea.”

The actress admits, though, that she cannot listen to the latter “without crying,” because it helped her cope with the loss of her father, Bruce Paltrow, whose October 2002 death crushed her.

“It’s so hard for me to listen to [them],” Paltrow told the U.K. edition of Elle. As for her husband, Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin, “I’m amazed he stuck with me [at the time], because I was a wreck. I can’t believe that he did.”

She also says she’s fully aware the media like to speculate on the condition of their marriage, and insists they simply don’t like being photographed together, out on red carpets arm in arm.

“It doesn’t behoove us to be a public couple,” she added. (Paltrow will be a presenter at the upcoming Grammy Awards. Coldplay are nominated and scheduled to perform.) “[Chris] certainly doesn’t want to be that. We’ve never ever walked down a red carpet together, [and] we never will. If people think that that means we’re not together, then – ha ha ha! – so be it.”

That’s another thing she and I have in common: I love going ha ha ha!

So suck it.

I always knew Paltrow and I would hit it off. And we did.

Photo: People.com.

No comments: