Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Certain Kind of Torture

Madonna performed in New York City last night, and the night before that, too.

A couple of dear friends were sure to call to remind of it on both nights.

On their way to the venue. From the venue. Honestly, if I weren’t so fond of them I would’ve hung up the phone, hung up on them.

Last night, though, my devotion to the Queen of Pop made me feel pathetic because I spent about 30 minutes total – from bits and pieces of “Beat Goes On” to some of “Vogue” to almost an entire set’s worth, from “Into the Groove” to “Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You” through half of “Spanish Lesson” – listening (as I cooked and ate dinner) to a poor-quality IPhonecast of the concert.

And I loved every second of it.

See you next month, M.

Photo: Madonnalicious.com.

Update: Madonna is not into Sarah Palin, btw. Like, at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad -- but rather devoted indeed.
What was for dinner?