Monday, September 15, 2008

In Tents and Elsewhere

New York, New York – a city so good they named it twice.

I spent some time in Manhattan last week, doing a little work, having a little fun. As soon as I arrived I had something to do, starting with drinks with a friend at Double Crown, a new restaurant in the East Village. It was lots of fun. I certainly didn’t expect that…or spending such a loverly time Down Under, in the Big Apple.

Thursday was my work day.

In the morning I headed to SoHo to interview Custo Dalmau, head designer for Custo Barcelona, in the afternoon I visited the Victoria’s Secret lounge (find out why in the November issue of Miami Living), and in the evening, I hit Bryant Park to see the label’s spring/summer 2009 collection.

Sitting in front of me were Ugly Betty’s Mark Indelicato and Heroes’ Dania Ramirez, while across the runway sat Tinsley Mortimer.

Outside, on 6th Avenue, as I considered where to go from there, a gorgeous Claire Danes offered a polite “Excuse me” as she sneaked into the tents for the Zac Posen show.

She wore a form-fitting peach and white shimmering cocktail dress, and get this: she moved the guard rail herself to make her way by the side of the crowd. Chutzpah in couture – I love it! Also making her way was a clad-in-black stylist Rachel Zoe with that guy from her Bravo show.

Who else, who else…. Oh yeah, at the VS lounge I ran into Prison Break’s Camille Guaty, who was all kinds of friendly and chatty with me. Click here for all the good goss.

Friday was my off day, and in true form I caught Righteous Kill on 42nd Street. I’ll tell you more about that in bit, but…I almost forgot: I very nearly threw my soda at John McCain’s car that day. I stopped myself because I had Goldfrapp at Radio City Music Hall tickets for that night, but getting tackled by those Secret Service agents would’ve been a fun time and a half.

Finally, at LaGuardia yesterday, I spotted CBS News Sunday Morning contributor Mo Rocca as he made his way toward his gate.

Hey – not all star sightings can be winners.

Photo: INFDaily.CeleBuzz.com.

Update:
I forgot to mention I got some Project Runway scoop while I was in the city.

I was told the process of shooting the finale last Friday would take about six hours. By now you know Jennifer Lopez was supposed to be the guest judge but bailed, and that Tim Gunn filled in for her, as well he should’ve because he rules.

Well, it turns out they shot the finale in about three hours because it was evident who the winner should be. I know the gender of the winner – but I won’t spoil it. (I couldn’t give you a name, anyway. Once my source started yapping about it I covered my ears.)

I’ll just say the eventual winner presented a very strong collection...and you’re just going to have to watch what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You SHOULD have thrown your drink at him. And your shoes too. And the passerby next to you for good measure.
McCain...yuck! Only good thing to come out of his campaign was Tina Fey as Palin on SNL. Did you watch that? Blog it.