Friday, May 23, 2008

She’s Got the Groove, Baby

I talked to Estelle yesterday, for a story in Miami Living magazine’s August issue, and the British hip-hop singer could not have been cooler.

We talked about her childhood, her records, her music – you know, the works.

I made it a point to spend a moment talking about “No Substitute Love,” though, a track off Shine, her sophomore effort.


I really took to the song immediately because of its sample of George Michael’s “Faith.” But once I read the lyrics – “I know it would have been nice if I could have had your body / Knowing that everybody ain’t been with you / but you told me lies you made me give my heart away / but now I know the games you play / And I’m thru with you” – I knew for sure Estelle had the groove, baby.

And there’s nothing better than that.


Photo: ByWayOf.net.

No comments: