Friday, March 14, 2008

TiVo & Me: Our First Fight

Something terrible happened last night: TiVo failed me.

Like, bad.

Because of a programming mistake, of which I take partial responsibility – my digital recording device did not record “Ji Yeon,” a Jin/Sun-centric episode of Lost.

Instead, it treated me to an episode of Reaper, a show I granted a Season Pass but never watched.

I already told myself and TiVo (I had to reassure it I would not dip it in cold water) this was – alright – my fault, but still – shouldn’t it have known better?

No, it shouldn’t have.

And that is today’s lesson: A machine is a machine is a machine. It cannot think for me, and if I want to watch my stories, I have to make sure it will record them. Or I should just “Quit!

This is one more thing for me to do in this so-called easiest time of our history.

Photo: Lost.About.com.

1 comment:

Lottalance said...

No victims, only volunteers...