Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MC=Guilty Pleasure

And now, a confession: I like Mariah Carey.

I know of at least one BFF who just died a little.

The truth is I own a couple of her CDs, and although I’m not going to rush to get her latest, E=MC², when it comes out next month, I wouldn’t mind owning a copy of the super-successful The Emancipation of Mimi.

Her latest single, “Touch My Body,” has proven to be a grower, not a shower. Seeing her perform it on SNL last weekend even made like her version more than the piano-only I found on YouTube, which, by the way, is rather gorge.

So yeah – I’m one of her “lambs.” (That’s what she calls her fans. Cute? Condescending? Discuss.)

You have to admit, Carey has a good set of pipes, and she’s looking infinitely hotter than she has in years.

All those years of jumping into pools (when instead, as Sandra Bernhard put it, she should have been swimming out into the ocean) have paid off.

Photo: HecklerSpray.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mariah Carey?

MARIAH CAREY?!?!

It is over between us.

Anonymous said...

Equally disappointed.

This is just embarrassing...

Anonymous said...

Equally disappointed.

This is just embarrassing...